Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just the 6 of us...for now

It's 11:24pm and I comtemplated on whether I had the energy to update the blog. I realize it's been forever, but since school started our family "grew" again! So here's an update in short version.

Phillips Reagan - now proudly announces his full American name to everyone. It sounds like "Phillip-A-Reagan-Eye"! (In a shouting voice, of course!! Most evenings he screams "hold -ju" (that's hold you!). He's making great progress at will soon transition into a 3-year-old preschool class. He started sleeping in a big-boy bed with Preston this week. He's fallen out twice, but seems to like sleeping in a room with someone much better than alone.

Parker Reese is doing great in Pre-K. He still continues to entertain each of us. His newest saying is, "Mom, I just don't understand"....and then he asks random questions."Why don't people talk about the Grinch"? "Why doesn't my friend Grace talk to me in class, but she talks to me at afterschool?" "Can we open our presents today?" "I'm not feeling so good today...I think we are going to have to do homeschool today (I hear this one about 5 days a week).

Preston is a reading machine! He passed the goal for his class and then was honored at the UGA Lady Dogs game, but he gave up the opportunity to go to the game because he wanted to get on the road to see his Nana and Papa! He is the best big brother in the world and I'm so proud of his accomplishments at school. He is becoming a pro at biking and Grandma bought him a skateboard for xmas.

Ma-fan is doing great! She stays busy with basketball and thank goodness we have carpool to get to and from practices and games. She is really blessed to have two of the best coaches on earth, John Hawley and Leshawn Dempsey. They really invest a lot of time in the girls and teach them so much more about life than jus the skills of the game. Ma-fan is doing so well in school. She was exempt from all of her finals. She's discovery all kinds of new talents (flower design, drums, drawing, etc). Today she brought home a beautiful xmas wreath she made in Floral Design. I still haven't convinced her of loving the art of cooking and baking, but she's usually right by side as I work in the kitchen so she can sample everything as soon as possible. She loves the snow...first time she's ever seen it in her life (no snow in Bangkok, Thailand).

This is finals week at EJMS, where I teach 7th grade Science and ELA. I have a kidney infection and had to miss Monday and half a day on Tuesday. The kids are so, so, so ready to be on vacation and I am too! I promised them no tests tomorrow (unless they've been in OSS or sick)...fun, fun, fun, tomorrow!

Jeremiah has been busy at school as well. It's that time of year for lots of schedule changes, evening events to attend, and helping out with everything are family needs to keep running smoothly. He helps drop off and pick up kids (our own and some others), runs to the grocery store, helps with bedtime. You name it...he helps with it. He will be coaching Track in the Spring so we will miss him!!! He will have a blast and he can't wait to work with the students.

Pray for Static Student Mall! If you haven't heard of it...google it and see what pops up. I'll share more when I have time, but right now it's in the stages of trying to get funding and going through all of the hard work to get it up and running. It's going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment