Monday, July 26, 2010
I apologize to everyone who thought I would blog all summer! I'm stealing the "Blessed Beyond Belief" phrase from my friend Sharon. This summer our family has been blessed beyond belief. We've spent the entire summer together. When I say, together I mean all five of us! Jeremiah has always worked in the summer, but this ummer he chose to stay home with us. I resigned from my position as Children's Pastor at NC to stay home and have not once regretted it.
This summer we've done tons of fun things. Here's our list:
1. Watched fireworks and went to a cookout
2. Went roller skating
3. Swam, swam, and swam some more
4. Went camping
5. Went to Myrtle Beach, SC with Jeremiah's family
6. Ate dinner together as a family every single day
7. Enjoyed dates with each other - thank you Flannery family
8. Had a cook-out with our neighbors
9. Made home-made bird feeders
10. Went to the free movies
11. Reunion with the Patterson family (our Chinese travel neighbors)
12. Celebrated 9 years of marriage
13. Grandpa treated us Maggie Moos Ice Cream!
Phillips is doing great. We had a therapy appointment this morning, but Ms. Rebecca had car trouble and didn't make it. Here is the latest with Mr. Phillips:
1. He says, "I like lotion."
2. He says, "I like that!"
3. He says, "my Tracy" when his brothers are getting my attention and not him
4. When we tell him to do something he laughs and says, "no way!"
5. Eats us out of house and home
6. Loves to be tickled on his neck
7. He thinks Preston's name is "brother"
8. Thinks that our neighbor and her dogs live next door to everyone. Everywhere we go he points to the house next door and says, "Nancy? Roxy? Sadie?"
9. Sings the Elmo song...la la la la, la la la la, Elmo's world!
10. Loves storytime and copies what I read