Sunday, June 14, 2009

Simple Summer

Monday: Mexican
Tuesday: Pasta
Wednesday: Chicken/Fish
Thursday: Crock Pot
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Something New
Sunday: Something Easy
*I'm a frugal mommy and I love to cook home-made meals and bake things. So, I thought I'd share some of our recipes and easy meals that we have. Today we had Easy Pot Roast. We put it in the oven before church and it was ready when we got home. Yummy. You could do the roast in the crock pot. My friend's daughter informed that I shouldn't leave my oven on when I'm not home. I do know that, but my kids are very hungry after being at church all morning.
Easy Pot Roast
Brown Beef Roast in Olive Oil in Skillet
combine 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, and 1-2 cups water, pour over roast and cook 4 hours at 325.
** I buy meat when it is marked down and immediately freeze it. We save a lot of money by doing this and if you cook meats in the crock pot or for a long time in the oven at a lower temp. they become very tender.


1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love that you posted this! Keep it coming! You could so write a mommy blog. Btw, I'll be looking for the perfect Sad Spoon this week and working on a sticker chart.

    ReplyDelete